Welcome

Welcome to Vicarage Quilts - thank you for visiting.

I offer several services: longarm quilting, patchwork and appliqué workshops and small items made to commission. In the past I've also made quilts to commission as well as Church or School banners for Walking Days and permanent display.

Please visit the pages listed on the right hand side to find out more and email me with any queries.

Sunday 9 June 2013

Vicarage Quilts Workshops



Lately I’ve been testing out the water, running a few workshops. 

I’ve not done anything as brave as advertising; instead I mentioned at Stitch and Chat one Monday night that I was thinking about trying it out.  As you’ll see from the photographs, some of my Stitch and Chat ladies wanted to do all of the workshops (!) so no embarrassing self-publication was required.  Phew!


First up was foundation piecing.  A nice gentle start with two participants, and we learnt the basics of foundation piecing and then made a bag.  I forgot to take photographs, but luckily the same people came to the second workshop with their bags, thus explaining the identical clothing in the photos above and below!



The following two months we had two half-day workshops, to make a small embroidered wall hanging.



This time there were three ladies (and a half including the daughter of one, who made a fantastic piece all of her own design!)


This month has been the biggest project to date, a cot / lap quilt in a day on the basic patchwork class.  Four participants at the class on 1st June, and I'll be repeating this class again next Saturday with four more taking part.



It's always fascinating to see the same design in different fabrics.  Emma chose frogs, shamelessly copying my fabric choices...


 Bev went all-out for Cath Kidston.


 Gill chose some lovely cute owls for a baby girl quilt.


 Barbara's fabrics were beautifully rich Tiffany glass prints.


At the end of the day we were all still smiling!  In July we'll be making Christmas Tree skirts, so look out for an update!


4 comments:

  1. They all look fab, such a difference depending on the cloth choice, looks like you had a great time, wish i could come too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the workshop it was very well organised, I can't wait for the next one in July and beyond!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an excellent workshop and I can't wait for the next one in July. Hoping more courses are added too! Can't recommend them enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it Gill! Your tree skirt fabrics are all cut out ready and waiting...

    ReplyDelete